IMPACT of Our Work
Our IMPACT on the Child and Family:
- The Team IMPACT program provides regular access to high-grade socialization in a socially safe environment:
- Where the child is accepted and embraced as an integral member of the team
- That is rich with a number of inspiring peer mentors
- That serves as an exciting distraction from medical realities and the associated stress and anxiety that goes along with treatment
- The Impact on the Quality of Life for the Children and their Family
- Reduced levels of stress and anxiety
- Instills hope and a brighter sense of future (talk about the next game, visit, or season)
- Provides an active and exciting social calendar
- Improves skills, confidence, and experience in initiating and receiving social interaction
- Provides opportunities and inspiration for physical activity
- The clinical value of the Team IMPACT program is illustrated by anecdotal evidence provided by current Team IMPACT relationships. Below are examples of cases studies that show how this degree of high quality socialization improves the quality of life for these children.
"Joli is painfully shy and I had to give her a pep talk walking up to the field telling her to open up to the team. Look at her now, she's in her element. It's so cool."
-- Liza Talusan, Joli's Mom
Our IMPACT on the Teams
Provides strength, courage, and a perspective on life that inspires their performance.
Creates a deeper bond among teammates by encouraging them to come together and rally around a common cause.
For some student-athletes, it serves as a gateway to a life of active citizenship by showing them the enormous impact they can have on others' lives by giving back to their communities.
Reaffirms the importance of each teammate, and the individual role they play, to the team's success both on and off the field.
"I speak for the whole team when I say we are so excited to welcome you to our team. We are looking forward to a great Season with you at our side!"
-Ryan Holley of St. Anselm College Men's Ice Hockey